Increase of Authorised Share Capital in Hong Kong Company - Fees and Procedures
1. Our Fees
Our fees for handling an increase of authorised capital are USD160.
2. Our Services
The fees cover the following services:
(1) Review Articles of Memorandum and Association and Register of Members
(2) Prepare of Minutes of Shareholdersˇ¦ Meeting and other necessary documents
(3) File documents for the increase with Companies Registry and payment of capital duty
(4) Delivery of documents for the increase of capital to client
Please note that capital duty and delivery charge, if any, is not included in the fees stated above. A calculation of capital duty is shown in section 5 below.
3. Documents and information needed to be provided by clients
In order to enable us to prepare the docuemnts for transfer of shares, we need to have the following information and documents:
(1) A copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the subject company
(2) The amount of shares to be increased (amount of authorised capital to be increased)
4. How long does it take to process an increase of capital?
The increase of authorised could be completed in one day. The process works like this:
Review Memorandum and Articles of Association >> prepare resolution (or arrange extra ordinary general meeting) to effect the increase >> file specified form with the Hong Kong Companies Registry
5. Calculation fo Capital Duty
The amount of capital duty to be paid is calcualted as following:
(Amount of increase x 0.1%), capped at HKD30,000
Example 1: increase of authorised capital from HKD10,000 to HKD10,000,000
Capital Duty Payable = (HKD10,000,000 - 10,000) x 0.1% = HKD9,990
Example 2: increase of authorised capital from HKD10,000 to HKD50,000,000
Capital Duty Payable = (HKD50,000,000 - 10,000) x 0.1% = HKD49,990, however, as capital duty is capped at HKD30,000, the capital duty payable in this case is therefore HKD30,000.
See also: Fees and Procedures for Transfer of Share of a Hong Kong Private Company
For further information or assistance, please contact our offices or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.